So, you want to eat some badass vegan food, but:
- Don’t know where to start? (And try here too!)
- No time to cook?
- Don’t want to use a recipe?
- Can’t find a recipe that you have all the ingredients for? (Try this one too!)
- Are worried about not getting the right nutrients? (and here)
- Are on a budget? (and here, here and here)
- Parents won’t let you go vegan?
- Want some vegan superfoods?
- Don’t have any cool vegan replacements?
- Can’t find anything ‘hipster’ enough for your tastes?
Feel free to add! :)
things i made:
smoked salmon, homegrown beetroot and watercress salad w/ creme fraiche and dill
caramelised onion, goats cheese, artichoke and thyme tart
chilli peach salad / rosemary roast pumpkin salad w/ roast onion, feta and spinach
garlicky green beans
bbq meats [provided by others]
chilled eggnog / pineapple ginger beer punch / cranberry cooler
mango and coconut ice cream pudding
panna cotta with mango-sage coulis
people arrived, ate and lay down to recover. tea candles floated in jars filled with chillies and rosemary. we watched a lot of unexpected christmas films, had a healthy discussion about race (what else), someone spilled wine on my moroccan rug. later I stood in a smokers circle in the rain and it felt like vancouver all over again. the next morning we ate san choy bow and leftovers gifted from other gatherings, and I felt okay. just okay. how else do you feel about leaving a house you’ve inhabited for 25 years? make a home of your body, okay, but there’s still a lot of cargo to offload.